name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Rafael Nadal admits: "The situation is much more complicated than in 2022"

Rafael Nadal admits: "The situation is much more complicated than in 2022"

Advertisemen

At the Roland Garros media day, Rafael Nadal analyzed his latest triumph in Bois de Boulogne, when in 2022 he won his 14th French Open title. Nadal highlighted how that triumph was the result of a completely different situation compared to that of Roland Garros 2024.

"I believe they are very different experiences due to a simple fact: in 2022 my foot was in very bad condition, I left Rome lame. But my level of tennis was very high. I had just won the Australian Open, the Acapulco tournament and reached the final at Indian Wells. In this last case I also broke a rib. I was playing very well against great players. Now the situation is different to put my foot to sleep by anesthetizing the nerves: this allowed me to play, even if at the end I was exhausted," he explained.

Rafael Nadal, Roland Garros 2024 Rafael Nadal, Roland Garros 2024© Dan Istitene / Staff - Getty Images Sport  

In 2022, after the bad defeat against Denis Shapovalov in the round of 16 of the ATP Masters 1000 in Rome, Nadal opened up about his foot problem, questioning his participation in the Roland Garros. A few weeks after his worrying declarations, however, the Spaniard won the Parisian Slam for the 14th time, increasing his incredible record. Nadal underwent some harsh treatments which allowed him to somewhat anesthetize the nerve in his foot.

Rafael Nadal Rafael Nadal© Clive Brunskill / Staff Getty Images Sport  

"Even if we're not talking about an ideal situation, I was competitive. This time I spent the longest period of my life away from the courts. The situation is much more complicated and what's more I'm not seeded. The two situations cannot be compared. I'm training well now, but I haven't really had time to build that concentration and those automatics. I've been playing with some limitations the past few weeks with hip and abdominal issues. Mobility was limited and affected performance. Now I've been feeling different for about a week and I like competing when I'm so excited," he added.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/lFc6Ngr
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments