name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Nova Djokovic's crisis could depend by a reasonable doubt

Nova Djokovic's crisis could depend by a reasonable doubt

Advertisemen

The bromance between Novak Djokovic and Nick Kyrgios found a new appointment on the Good Trouble podcast, which took place before the start of the Australian Open. Djokovic spoke of his desire to continue making history and the desire to spend as much time as possible with his often conflicting family.

"The little Novak, the four-year-old Novak, who started playing tennis in Kopaonik in Serbia, still loves this sport and is still hungry. But, at the same time, there is that more mature Novak, father and husband, that says there are other things in life. I miss my kids so much, even now that we're talking about it. They're back in Europe, I haven't seen them for weeks. If I get to the bottom of it here, I won't see them for another two or three weeks. This is the thing that always hurts me the most: having to leave them for weeks," he explained.

Novak Djokovic, Rome Masters 2024 Novak Djokovic, Rome Masters 2024© Mike Hewitt / Staff - Getty Images Sport  

This part of the interview with Kyrgios could also partly explain the crisis that Nole is experiencing in 2024. After a 2023 full of triumphs and glory, Djokovic has not yet won a title this season. And his performances have never convinced in 2024, both from an athletic and mental point of view. And perhaps it is precisely the mental aspect that is making the difference. After having won so much, traveled so much, had so much, and despite his passion for tennis, it is normal for a man his age to want to spend more time with his family, with his wife and children.

I understand this well; I'm more or less the same age as Nole and I also want to spend as much time as I can with my family and with my son. Could this be the basis of his crisis? This could be the answer to the problem. Can we get out of this crisis? Yes, finding a further balance between professional and private life, even if it will be a difficult goal. But the only one who can do it is Djokovic

Novak Djokovic Novak Djokovic© Getty Images Sport - Mike Hewitt  

The latest disappointment for Nole came in Rome. The Serbian said he was worried when he showed up at the press conference after one of the worst performances of his career. Concerned about the sensations felt on the court, about those not felt, about the level expressed against Alejandro Tabilo and also about the blow he received to the head last Friday.

"It's as if a different player had stepped into my shoes today. First of all, I want to congratulate my opponent, it was the first time I played against him. He's a great tennis player with excellent qualities and plays all over the court. I wasn't able to to find good sensations on the court.I was completely out of my mind. Defeat also linked to the accident with the water bottle? I do not know. Yesterday I had a good workout and I didn't feel anything, but I also didn't feel the same sensations as before. Today, under stress, it was pretty bad: not in terms of pain but in terms of balance. I had no coordination whatsoever and I was a completely different player than I was two nights ago.

I will have to do some medical checks and we will see what is happening. I didn't do any tests after the blow I received with the water bottle. Right now I feel like I should do it though... You could see very clearly what happened in the video. It was a really unfortunate situation for me. It was an incident where that guy leaned over the fence and the water bottle fell out of his backpack directly onto my head. It was unexpected, I felt a sudden blow to my head. I received medical attention and felt nauseous and dizzy for an hour. So many different sensations. Today it was as if a different player had stepped into my shoes. It's a little worrying," he explained.

Novak Djokovic, Rome Masters 2024 Novak Djokovic, Rome Masters 2024© Dan Istitene / Staff - Getty Images Sport  

Nole also explained that his mentality at Roland Garros will always be the same. "Many things have to improve if I want to have at least a chance of winning Roland Garros."

This version of Novak Djokovic seen in this first part of the season does not seem to have the same determination and desire that have always characterized his personality, especially during matches. A personality capable of making him the tennis player with the most Grand Slam tournaments and the one with the greatest number of weeks spent at the top of the world rankings. Achievements that are even difficult to imagine, but which the Serbian has visualized in his mind since he was a child.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/WdCuPSZ
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments