name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Georgia University won the NCAA women's doubles championship

Georgia University won the NCAA women's doubles championship

Advertisemen

Aysegul Mert and Dasha Vidmanova of Georgia University won the NCAA National Championship women's doubles. The duo defeated Pepperdine doubles Savannah Broadus and Janice Tjen 7-6(4), 2 -6, (11-9), last Saturday at the Greenwood Tennis Center, after an epic three-sets battle, getting the glory for their university.

Mert and Vidmanova became the first Bulldog doubles in women's tennis history to win NCAA doubles. Aysegul Mert also becomes the first Bulldog in Georgia women's tennis history to win an NCAA individual and doubles title as a freshman.

Aysegul Mert said after the win: "Representing this school means a lot in itself, and especially winning titles for each other and for the school, nothing can really replace it. I'm happy to have had a partner like Dasha who helped me helped, especially in difficult matches. In matches where I was nervous and tired, I had no idea what to do in difficult situations and she helped me a lot, I don't think it would have been possible without her."

Vidmanova added: “I didn't know it was the first, but obviously it means a lot. Just the opportunity to play for Georgia in any way possible. It's a great honor and I'm really happy that I got to do it. Ays Mert is just a freshman, but I think he's done a great job all year, it means a lot."



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/gIt6rHe
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments