name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Novak Djokovic tells rivals what must happen for him to consider retirement

Novak Djokovic tells rivals what must happen for him to consider retirement

Advertisemen

Novak Djokovic admits he wants to make the younger guys feel pressure every time they step on the court to play against him as the Serb is directly telling his rivals that he won't be going anywhere until someone gives him a good reason to do so. This past weekend in Turin, 36-year-old Djokovic saw off 20-year-old Carlos Alcaraz 6-3 6-2 in the semifinal at the ATP Finals. Then, Djokovic also routinely beat 22-year-old Jannik Sinner 6-3 6-3 to win his seventh ATP Finals title. In the group stage in Turin, Djokovic also claimed a win over 20-year-old Holger Rune. "I want them to feel that kind of pressure. When they play me, I want them to feel that it’s going to require the best tennis from them in order to win against me. That’s what I want my opponents to feel, no doubt, because that helps mentally coming into the match. The more I win on the biggest stage, the more this kind of aura grows, and I’m glad for it, no doubt. Of course, that’s not going to win you the match, but it might give you the little percentage, the little edge," Djokovic said.

Djokovic highlights someone needs to beat him for him to consider retirement

At the ATP Finals, Djokovic was playing his 12th tournament of the year. In Turin, Djokovic clinched his seven title of the year and improved his record on the season to 55-6. "I will hang on for as long as I feel like hanging on. As long as I’m able to win against them on the big stage, I’ll still keep going because why stop if you’re still winning the biggest titles. Once they start to kick my butt, then I will consider probably having a little break or maybe a permanent break from professional tennis," Djokovic said. Considering how successful Djokovic's 2023 season has been, many expect the Serb to do more great things in 2024.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/MeH9kbm
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments