name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Coco Gauff breaks her 2023: "I've seen the darkest and brightest days of my life"

Coco Gauff breaks her 2023: "I've seen the darkest and brightest days of my life"

Advertisemen

Coco Gauff spoke out on social media, through a post on X, from her season, noted that she has seen the darkest and brightest days of her life in 2023. Coco had an exceptional summer, capped off with a thrilling win at the 2023 US Open. "2023 is season officially over. hard to sum of this season in a few words. I saw my darkest and brightest days of my life this year. I am proud of myself. God's plan," explained Gauff in pos right away.

Coco Gauff: "I didn't expect this turning point after Wimbledon"

After the winning ride in New York, which led her to win the first Slam title of her career, the American tennis player subsequently won her sixteenth consecutive victory in Beijing, in the quarter-finals of the 1000 tournament, the Slam champion beat Maria Sakkari, reaching the semi-finals, before being eliminated. At the WTA Finals in Cancun she was eliminated in the semifinals by her countrywoman Jessica Pegula. Just in Beijing instead, "Maria Sakkari is a tough player and she hit some great shots. But when I walked onto the court, some days you feel like, no matter what, you're going to win. It has nothing to do with the opponent. That's how you feel and that's how I felt today. I would say the best and most consistent games I played were in Washington. They're not part of the 16 wins because we lost in Montreal, but I think those are the most consistent games. If you win 16 times , they won't all be easy victories. This is the first time I have a streak, I don't know how far it will go. I definitely didn't expect this turn of events after Wimbledon,” Coco said. In Beijing and Cancun, Gauff challenged Iga Swiatek, the new world no.1. In Beijing she said: "She's a tough player, she's been number one for a long time. She's still a contender for that spot. She's won a Slam and has always been number one. I won't try to put too much pressure on myself. . I've lost to her many times, I'm just doing my best to narrow the head-to-head gap. I feel like I did a good job playing every game no matter what and without throwing in the towel, that's why I'm proud. I think I did this well, setting new goals and finding something else to motivate me to achieve them.”



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/sxo1muj
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments