name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Ana Ivanovic on what she thought about Novak Djokovic seemingly mocking Ben Shelton

Ana Ivanovic on what she thought about Novak Djokovic seemingly mocking Ben Shelton

Advertisemen

Ana Ivanovic suggested she didn't have major issues with Ben Shelton "hanging up the phone" on Novak Djokovic but also "found it funny" when the Serb returned the favor to the 21-year-old American. After getting a break back in the third set of their US Open semifinal match, Shelton pulled his phone celebration on Djokovic. Djokovic remembered that moment as he "hung up the phone" on Shelton after completing a straight-set win over the American. Djokovic imitating Shelton's celebration went viral and many felt that the Serb did it in a mocking way. "Honestly, everyone looks at it differently. Sometimes I don't have time to follow everything that is happening (in tennis). Honestly, when Ben did it first, I was like 'OK, that's some teenage, American, cute stuff', and it was funny to me when Novak did it too. I don't know, opinions are divided," Ivanovic said on the Alesto podcast. 

Ivanovic thought it was 'funny' when Djokovic imitated Shelton's celebration

In his post-match press conference, Djokovic was asked if he was mocking Shelton. “I just love Ben's celebration. I thought it was very original, and I copied him. I stole his celebration," Djokovic said after the match. When Shelton was asked how he felt about Djokovic copying his phone celebration, the American suggested he didn't have any issues with it and added that the Serb had the right to do anything he wanted considering that he ended on the winning side. “I didn’t see it until after the match. I don’t like when I’m on social media and I see people telling me how I can or can’t celebrate. If you win the match you deserve to do whatever you want. As a kid growing up, I always learned that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery," Shelton said after the match.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/jav3Q41
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments