name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Roger Federer reveals one of the most difficult decisions of his career

Roger Federer reveals one of the most difficult decisions of his career

Advertisemen

Roger Federer talked in a recent interview with GQ about the impact of his retirement on his career, highlighting how and where to best communicate his decision, both to his family and to his fans.

The Swiss said that the most difficult phase was in the weeks and months preceding the final decision, while grappling with the best way to communicate this choice which closes the professional life of an athlete.

Federer explained: "The hardest part about ending a career is actually the weeks and months beforehand when you're thinking about how and where to best communicate that decision. You first have to get used to this new everyday life, after all everything is different and the focus of your professional life has shifted.

But I suddenly love having so much time for other great things. What I miss are the friends that I always automatically saw through playing tennis, like my classmates at school. That was great. You now have to actively arrange appointments with them, which is of course a change. But I enjoy the time with my family even more."

Trungelliti blames Federer and Nadal

Through an interview with La Nacion, Marco Trungelliti talked about how his life evolved, complaining about Federer and Rafael Nadal, regarding the situation that was created at a particular moment in his career.

He said: "I never thought I would pay such a high price to speak freely. I thought the world was prepared for all this but I was bullied and experienced many difficult situations."

Then the tennis player explained: "I have met tennis players who admit that they are with me until I die, they support me but in the end they don't say it openly to avoid having problems. Insults on social media for betting? It's happened to me several times and it's embarrassing.

I get death threats for me and my family every day, recently they hacked my social media. This system is a disaster, I'm disappointed in a sport where all of us outside the Top 100 are treated terribly."

He also explained: "I would definitely do everything again, but I think in the end it isn't of much help. All the tennis institutions didn't give me a real hand, certainly below my expectations. Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal? If you're not you don't exist among the best 100 tennis players in the world, they really ignore you.

It hurt me a lot how Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer behaved, with their weight they could have given a big hand but they never expressed themselves. Novak Djokovic on the other hand does it continuously, I consider Roger and Rafa complicit in this tennis system and they have never defended the rights of the more modest players."



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/hBu9Xnt
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments