name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Paula Badosa recounts financial struggles before breaking into top-100

Paula Badosa recounts financial struggles before breaking into top-100

Advertisemen

Paula Badosa reveals she was dealing with certain financial struggles before breaking into the top-100. Badosa, who turned pro in 2015, broke into the top-100 for the first time on August 5th, 2019. Since then, 25-year-old Badosa hasn't exited the top-100. So far in her career, Badosa has earned $5,855,451 in tournament prize money. This year - in which Badosa missed a lot of tournaments due to various injuries and setbacks - the Spaniard netted $634,235. “I know how tough it is to be a professional tennis player and how expensive it is. It’s not for everyone. I come from a very humble family. I have always been very independent. I never wanted them to help me. When I was 15, I started to deal with my own financial part and started to learn from it as well. I was struggling with expenses, I was doing it on my own. I didn’t want them to carry that weight on their shoulders. Those first years before I broke into the top 100, I was stressed and worried about it because I was doing it by myself," Badosa told the WTA, via The Tennis Letter.

Badosa made her first big breakthrough in 2021

As a junior, Badosa was drawing attention to herself and some were calling her "the next Maria Sharapova." Those comparisons put enormous pressure on Badosa, and after the results didn't come for Badosa, she fell into depression. Badosa started working with a professional, who helped her overcome depression and get her career back on the right track. Then in 2021, Badosa lifted her first WTA title in Belgrade. Later that year, Badosa won a WTA 1000 event in Indian Wells. Shortly after winning her first WTA 1000 title, Badosa also broke into the top-10 for the first time in her career. Meanwhile, this season hasn't been easy for Badosa, who hasn't played since Wimbledon due to a back injury. However, Badosa is hoping to play again next month and represent Spain at the Billie Jean King Cup Finals.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/Su49EDy
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments