name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Bautista updates health status after horse incident

Bautista updates health status after horse incident

Advertisemen

After injuring while working at his family's stables in Castellon, 35-year-old Bautista Agut started recovering using the facilities of the Spanish football club Villarreal. The Spaniard tennis player shared pictures of various medical procedures he went through, among which is a hyperbaric chamber.

"Patient patient. Working with @villarrealcf on the correct recovery, day by day, to get back on track. Step by step…" Bautista captioned the photos he posted.

        View this post on Instagram                      

A post shared by Roberto Bautista Agut (@robertobautistaagut)

Bautista's father became quadriplegic after his horse incident

Roberto Bautista's dad, Joaquin, became a quadriplegic at an unfortunate time for Bautista: right before the 2016 Rio Olympics. Joaquin suffered a tragic fall while working at the stables.

Bautista, together with his mother, took care of Joaquin until the Spanish tennis player's mom died suddenly. Joaquin passed away not long after his wife Ester. “My parents wanted me to make my dreams come true no matter the situation.

I kept playing and fought harder than I ever did. That was my way of making it worth it,” Bautista Agut told Behind The Racquet. “During this horrible time is when I played some of my best tennis. I am sure people cannot understand that. 

I was there for my family as much as I could, but I couldn’t throw away what I have worked all my life for. I wanted to keep working, and harder than ever,” continued Bautista.“These tough moments made me stronger and more powerful.

It gave me a strength others didn’t have. Through all the tough times I had at home and didn’t want to travel because I was so tired, it made me who I am. It made me more focused and motivated. I did everything I could to fight hard on the court to show my mother and father that their hard work was worth it”.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/6H4e8Az
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments