name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Talor Gooch after victory at Valderrama: I definitely didn't have three in mind

Talor Gooch after victory at Valderrama: I definitely didn't have three in mind

Advertisemen

Talor Gooch has continued to work in the same direction he left off. The fact that he has been in such great form for so long does not surprise anyone. The great golfer has achieved a third victory of the season, by winning at Valderrama. Bryson DeChambeau was not able to be a more dominant force than Gooch and Gooch managed to achieve a one-shot victory over DeChambeau. As a result of such a significant victory, he was overjoyed. In addition, he exceeded his own expectations by winning three times. Gooch's current form is a source of happiness both for him and for his fans.

"It's super special," Gooch said. "I was just saying earlier, last year I didn't get a win, so this year I was just so focused on getting an individual win. You don't think much past the first one until you get the first one.

I definitely didn't have three in mind for the season, but it's cool that we're here, and it's especially cool to have the third one here at Valderrama."

Talor Gooch on merger 

The merger that happened a few weeks ago caused a great shock among fans of this sport, as well as golfers. Few expected that the DP World Tour and the PGA Tour would actually reach an agreement. This could mean big changes for all golfers, including Gooch. His goal is to play in the Ryder Cup, and the merger could open that door for him.

"Yeah, a few weeks back when I was in Cabo and woke up one morning and I had 137 texts on my phone and the news had broke of the merger, my immediate thought was, I wonder what this means for Ryder Cup," -Taylor Gooch said.

"If apples were to apples, the guy leading the FedEx Cup and the guy leading the LIV standings, it's like -- I think my play has shown that it's at least worth a discussion. At the end of the day, the better I play, the more that is going to be a discussion hopefully. I've got to go win, and I've got to go prove that I'm worthy of having a discussion about."

Source: Skysports



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/C6EuNcl
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments