name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Nick Kyrgios reveals how he really feels about Carlos Alcaraz's game

Nick Kyrgios reveals how he really feels about Carlos Alcaraz's game

Advertisemen

Nick Kyrgios reveals he has a great level of admiration for Carlos Alcaraz. Kyrgios, 28, is one of the biggest entertainers in the game. Alcaraz, 20, has gotten off to a stunning start to his career - his style of tennis is drawing lots of positive attention - and the Spaniard is a fan favorite pretty much wherever he goes. In his pre-tournament press conference, Kyrgios was full of praise for Alcaraz when asked about the Spaniard. 

“Seeing what Carlos put together in such a short period of time is nuts. He's got so much discipline and desire to do well, but he's got that showman about him, which I like. He loves getting the crowd involved and people chanting his name, which is pretty cool," Kyrgios said of Alcaraz.

Kyrgios: I needed a rest

Last year, Kyrgios enjoyed the season of his life. But then, knee issues appeared and Kyrgios underwent knee surgery after being forced to miss the Australian Open. 

“Last year I felt like everything kind of came together for me. Finals of Wimbledon. Barely lost a match. Had the third best season on tour. Obviously my body was just crying out for some sort of rest. I needed to do what I had to do," Kyrgios reflected.

When Kyrgios sustained a knee injury and was forced to miss the Australian Open, some criticized the Australian for finding himself in that position. For people like that, Kyrgios has a clear message. 

“I think just people forget how strenuous this sport is, how physical it is. I feel like to the outside world, people don’t understand. Just because it’s not contact, it’s not that physical. I dare someone to go out there and play four hours with Novak and see how you feel afterwards. Yeah, look, I feel probably as good as I could feel at the moment," Kyrgios said.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/eBi2Gxm
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments