name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Carlota Ciganda: "Majors motivate me a lot"

Carlota Ciganda: "Majors motivate me a lot"

Advertisemen

Carlota Ciganda, 33 years old and world number 31, will once again be the best Spanish trick this week in the fifth and last Grand Slam of women's golf, the Evian Championship that will be held from Thursday to Sunday at the Evian Resort Golf Club in La French town of Evian-les-Bains.

Carlota Ciganda, statements

"I feel good. I like the field a lot, last year I played very well. I was at home last week, I have a good feeling and I want to play a good role", said Ciganda, alluding to his 3rd place in the last edition, in statements provided by the American circuit (LPGA).

Carlota added her 10th top-10 in a major last month after finishing in 3rd place at the KPMG Women's PGA Championship. A few weeks ago she was 20th at the US Open.

"The Grand Slam tournaments motivate me a lot, I like the difficulty of the 'big one', of the course. You need to be mentally a little better than in the other regular tournaments and I think I have that, so I'm looking forward to starting on Thursday Let's see if I can be there on Sunday to fight", added the Navarrese golfer, delighted to play 'big' tournaments in Europe.

"Here I feel more at home. I love the little town of Evian, going to dinner, you see the people. I like playing here," said Ciganda, winner of two LPGA titles and seven on the European circuit.

Ciganda will start the first round of it on Thursday at 1:27 p.m. together with the Swedish Anna Nordqvist and the French Celine Herbin. Carmen Alonso (07:27) and Ana Peláez (12:15) will be the other two Spaniards present at the French event.

The Evian Championship has been one of the women's Grand Slams since 2013. Canadian Brooke Henderson is the defending champion and will face all the great golfers in the world, including all the members of the world top-10 now headed by South Korean Jin Young Ko ahead of the American Nelly Korda and the Australian Lydia Ko.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/IKbM29T
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments