name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Rory McIlroy 'ready to go through 100 Sundays' to win Majors

Rory McIlroy 'ready to go through 100 Sundays' to win Majors

Advertisemen

Rory McIlroy came close to winning the Majors after nine years. However, he will have to be patient for some time. Although many were cheering for him and hoping for victory, the US Open trophy was eventually lifted by Wyndham Clark. After a dramatic final round, Rory McIlroy finished with nine-under-par at the Los Angeles Country Club, while Wyndham Clark finished with 10-under.  Even though the Northern Irishman fought hard and tried his best, it wasn't enough to reach the Majors. There were moments when he wasn't happy with himself, but all in all, he had a great performance and it's hard to be sad in the end.

"There was a couple of things that I probably would have done differently, but all in all, I played a solid round of golf," McIlroy said, as quoted by golfmonthly.com

"That one wedge shot on 14, missed birdie putt on 8, really apart from that, I did everything else the way I wanted to.

Yeah, fine, fine margins at this level and at this tournament especially, but I fought to the very end. I obviously never give up. And I'm getting closer.

The more I keep putting myself in these positions, sooner or later it's going to happen for me. Just got to regroup and get focused for Hoylake in a few weeks' time."

Rory McIlroy doesn't want to give up

Rory McIlroy has no plans to quit and is ready to play until he wins the Majors. There is no doubt in his mind that he is very close to winning the Majors. The most important thing for him is to not put any pressure on himself and to enter each Major with a relaxed attitude.

"It is [exhausting competing for Majors], but at the same time, when I do finally win this next Major, it's going to be really, really sweet.

I would go through 100 Sundays like this to get my hands on another Major championship."



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/J25SzWM
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments