name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Novak Djokovic tastes Wimbledon grass fires warning to rivals

Novak Djokovic tastes Wimbledon grass fires warning to rivals

Advertisemen

Novak Djokovic has arrived at Wimbledon and one of the first things he did was taste this year's grass at The All England Club. 

Djokovic, 36, captured his first Wimbledon title in 2011 and now he is a seven-time champion at the most prestigious tournament in the world.

After each of his seven Wimbledon wins, Djokovic would get a taste of Wimbledon's grass. 

Ahead of this year's Wimbledon, Djokovic highlighted he is "hungry for more." 

"Remembering the taste and hungry for more," Djokovic captioned his Instagram post.

Djokovic hopes to win his eighth Wimbledon, taste grass one more time

Last year, Djokovic defeated Nick Kyrgios in the final to capture his seventh Wimbledon title.

When Djokovic was a kid, his biggest tennis dream was to be a Wimbledon champion one day.

Not only that Djokovic became a Wimbledon champion, he now has seven of those in his collection.

This year, Djokovic will attempt to win his eighth Wimbledon title and tie Roger Federer's all-time record at The All England Club.

“I have lost words for what this tournament, this trophy means to me, my team, my family. I’ve said this many times. It always has been and always will be the most special tournament in my heart, the one that motivated me, inspired me to start playing tennis in a small mountain resort in Serbia where my parents used to run a restaurant. I was four or five years old and I saw Pete Sampras win his first Wimbledon in 1993. I asked my Dad and Mum to buy me a racket, and my first image of tennis was grass and Wimbledon. I always dreamed of coming here, just playing in this court, and then realizing the childhood dream of winning this trophy. Every single time it gets more meaningful and more special, so I’m very blessed and very thankful to be standing here with the trophy," Djokovic said after winning his seventh Wimbledon title.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/5bMNlmk
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments