name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Jannik Sinner feels he still has a lot to learn on grass-courts

Jannik Sinner feels he still has a lot to learn on grass-courts

Advertisemen

Jannik Sinner suffered more than expected to beat the French Richard Gasquet, defeated in three sets after about two and a half hours of play, at the ATP 500 on the Halle grass-courts.

The Italian had fluctuating performance and continues to suffer, Gasquet showed flashes of his talent with Sinner who only got the better of it thanks to the solidity of the third and decisive set. However, Jannik appeared satisfied at the end of the race as collected on the microphones of the ATP Tour website.

The Italian number one said after the match: "Grass is the surface between the three where I feel I still have a lot to learn. On the other hand, I think this is a positive thing. In the last few days, after the defeat in the Netherlands, I practiced many hours, trying to feel my game and trying to get the moves right."

Analyzing the match against Gasquet Jannik continued: "I felt that I was moving much better than in the last match. Every match leaves good and positive signals, I win or I learn and even if I win I try to learn. Today I had many chances in the second set but I wasn't able to take advantage of them. I'm happy with the reaction anyway, I liked how it went in the third set."

With the victory over Gasquet, Jannik is 12-0 in first matches in the 2023 tournaments, and now a tricky match awaits him in the next round, the derby against Lorenzo Sonego, a challenge that is always very heartfelt despite the friendship between the Italians.

In the first round Sonego beat the Russian Aslan Karatsev in three sets, defeated with the result of 6-2 3-6 6-2. The tennis player was a lucky loser given the retirement of Australian tennis player Nick Kyrgios in the last hours.

It is important for Sinner to react after a truly disappointing last month: not only in the Netherlands at Hertogenbosch but also in Rome and Paris where Jannik suffered defeats against inferior opponents on paper, in particular the defeat at Roland Garros against the German tennis player hurt altmaier.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/U0BXW7P
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments