name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Andy Murray makes comment that perfectly sums up Novak Djokovic Slam dominance

Andy Murray makes comment that perfectly sums up Novak Djokovic Slam dominance

Advertisemen

Andy Murray says Novak Djokovic makes winning Grand Slams "look a lot more easy than it should."

On Sunday, Djokovic captured a record 23rd Grand Slam title.

20 days after turning 36, Djokovic became the player with the most Grand Slams for the first time in his career. 

Djokovic, who returned to No 1 following his French Open triumph, has now won the last three Grand Slams he participated in.

“I’m not saying he makes it look easy but he makes it look a lot more easy than it should. I am happy for him, he deserves it. When he beat me in the final of the (2016) French Open he lost motivation so maybe he can take his eye off the ball for the next few weeks heading into Wimbledon! But congratulations to him – it’s an incredible achievement," Murray said, via Eurosport.

Murray on Djokovic reaching 23 Grand Slam wins

At one point, Djokovic, Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer were all tied at 20 Grand Slams each.

Now, Djokovic has 23 Grand Slams - Nadal follows with 22 - Federer finished his career with 20.

Murray, a three-time Grand Slam champion, acknowledged their Grand Slam records are absolutely astonishing.

“I know how difficult it is to win a Slam so for these guys to win 23, 22 and 20 it’s ridiculous. Sometimes I watch them playing matches and I’m like ‘wow, I can’t believe I used to win and compete against them in the biggest matches in the biggest tournaments’. In 30 years' time people who maybe don’t follow tennis that much will look back and say to me, ‘you won only three Grand Slams’. But each major that these guys win makes the accomplishments that I’ve had against them, and tournaments that I’ve won against them, greater. I certainly didn’t win all my matches against them but I won my fair few. I’m proud of what I achieved in what, without question, is the best era of men’s tennis by miles," Murray said.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/G1JZSp7
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments