name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Elena Rybakina offers very honest assessment of her French Open title chances

Elena Rybakina offers very honest assessment of her French Open title chances

Advertisemen

Elena Rybakina says she is confident she can play well on all surfaces and win the French Open if she delivers her best tennis. 

Going into this year's clay season, there were doubts about whether Rybakina could also play high-level tennis on clay.

At a WTA 1000 event in Rome, Rybakina made it all the way and gave everyone the answer they wanted. 

After winning last year's Wimbledon and finishing as runner-up at this year's French Open, Rybakina has her eyes set on making a strong run at Roland Garros.

“For sure if I play my best, which it’s impossible to play every time good and feel great, I feel for sure no matter the surface, if I play my best, I can beat anyone,” Rybakina said, via Tennis Majors.

Rybakina confident in her French Open chances

Rybakina, who now has five titles and has won on every surface, won her first WTA title on the clay courts of Bucharest in 2019.

“On clay I think I won my first WTA. So since then I knew that I can play good on clay also. Just I need to prepare differently. Maybe I need more time for the preparation. And also experience for the past few years. Overall I think that I’m improving a lot physically, and also I played a lot of matches this year. No matter the surface, I feel like it’s anyway giving me confidence. We’re trying to improve all the aspects of the game and slowly, I think it’s a lot still to work, but everything is going on the right direction," Rybakina said.

Rybakina, seeded at No 4, plays against a qualifier in her opener at the French Open.

Rybakina, 23, is set to make her fifth appearance at Roland Garros.

In 2021, Rybakina reached the French Open quarterfinal before losing to Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova.

It remains to be seen if this year Rybakina can win her first French Open title.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/GAz0tYc
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments