name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Alexander Zverev rooting for 'clay-hater' Daniil Medvedev to win first clay title

Alexander Zverev rooting for 'clay-hater' Daniil Medvedev to win first clay title

Advertisemen

Alexander Zverev absolutely loves Daniil Medvedev's annoyance with clay and that's why he would like to see the Russian win his first title on the slowest tennis surface. 

Medvedev, 27, has 19 titles in his collection but he has yet to win a clay title. 

Several times, Medvedev very openly ranted about the surface during his matches on clay.

In a video for the ATP, Zverev was asked to name a first-time clay champion during this year's clay season.

"Daniil Medvedev. Because I just love how much he hates clay. It'll be funny to see," Zverev said.

Zverev would like to see Medvedev win a clay title

This past week in Miami, Medvedev made his fifth consecutive final.

After winning his Miami semifinal match, Medvedev said it was "a pity that the clay season is next up."

"It's a pity it is clay season next up, but I am going to try. I am really happy with my results so far but it is not over. I have to believe on myself," Medvedev said after his Miami semifinal win.

But after winning Miami, Medvedev sounded more positive as he explained why he could actually do well this year.

"Talking about clay, again, I know that I can play well on clay. I beat Novak once on clay. I actually beat Tsitsipas and Novak at the same tournament once, wow. That's pretty good achievement on clay. But if on hard courts like here I feel like many of the matches I didn't play my best tennis, but I managed to win them and the tournament. Clay court is tougher for me. If I don't play my best tennis, I can lose much easier. So yeah, hopefully I can be at my best on clay court season," Medvedev said.

Medvedev is starting his clay season in Monte Carlo, where he made the semifinal in 2019.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/pbq1E0S
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments