name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> 'I tell Serena Williams about her life', says top coach

'I tell Serena Williams about her life', says top coach

Advertisemen

Not at the moment, but who knows. This is how Serena Williams let it be seen when she was questioned about a possible return to the professional circuit, just a few months after her retirement at the 2022 US Open. “It's hard to say. I would say not. Not at the moment”, commented the winner of 23 Grand Slams. The youngest of the Williams is clear that she is now focused on other priorities, such as her role as a mother, so she does not think about her stage as a professional tennis player. “I have given my whole life to tennis and now it is time to dedicate myself to something else. Right now, for me, winning is choosing the best offers to invest. I think there should be more women like me who write the checks because I believe that like things attract, "she explains in an interview with 'CBS Mornings'. Serena recalled her last match, which was against the Australian Ajla Tomljanovic, in the third round of the US Open: “I was not happy after the match because of the result. I wanted to keep going in the tournament and keep winning. It was like 'I don't believe I let this game go by'. It was a great moment and a great memory for me, and I felt like I gave it my all, but I asked myself, 'What could I have done better that day?'” In this way, she ended the career of what is considered the best tennis player in history, but she still left open the possibility of returning in the future. She hasn't completely ruled it out so far. Would you like to see Serena Williams again on the WTA tour?

Mouratoglou speaks about Serena Williams

Patrick Mouratoglou and Serena Williams had a long and successful partnership. "I taught Serena Williams to think like Serena again," Mouratoglou said. "She had forgotten that. So, she loses the US Open semifinal against Roberta Vinci and it had a huge impact on her. Even though it is one defeat after four Grand Slams won in a row, and she was in the semifinal of the fifth. I tell her about her life," he continued. "To make her realize how strong she is and how everything always depends on her. I don't use those exact words, But I tell her in a way thar will resonate with her." Serena Williams has undoubtedly been an icon of women's tennis throughout her impressive career, bringing much to the movement and to her own opponents with her enormous talent and achievements.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/R3a1KEv
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments