name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Anett Kontaveit announces short injury break: Back has been causing me problems

Anett Kontaveit announces short injury break: Back has been causing me problems

Advertisemen

Anett Kontaveit has revealed that she is dealing with a back injury and that's why she has decided to skip this week's Qatar Open in Doha and next week's Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships.

Last week, Kontaveit won her Abu Dhabi opener before retiring injured her round-of-16 match against Shelby Rogers. 

Kontaveit, a former world No 2, is currently undergoing treatments on her back as she is hoping to be able to play in Indian Wells and Miami.

"Hii. Just wanna keep you guys posted. It has been a tough beginning for 2023. I have been feeling my back in most matches that I have played since October last year. I have been trying to help myself and get treatment and work out as much as possible but for some reason this thing has been coming back every time I play competitively. So I’ve decided to take a few weeks, which unfortunately means I have to skip tournaments in Doha and Dubai. I am working with my team to help myself as much as I can and I really hope to be ready for IW and Miami in March. Thank you for your continuous support," Kontaveit announced on her Instagram. 

        Pogledajte ovu objavu na Instagramu.                      

Objavu dijeli Anett Kontaveit (@anett_kontaveit)

It has been a rough start to 2023 for Kontaveit

Due to a back injury, Kontaveit decided to skip the last few tournaments she had on her 2022 schedule. 

Unfortunately, giving her back more time to rest didn't seem to help Kontaveit, who is just 2-4 at the start of the 2023 season. 

In her first two tournaments of the year, Kontaveit picked up back-to-back first-round exits at the Adelaide International 1 and Adelaide International 2, respectively.

At the Australian Open, Kontaveit won her first-round match to clinch her first win of the year but then suffered a second-round defeat to Magda Linette. 

It remains to be seen if Kontaveit will feel better when she returns to court. 



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/nwFHJi6
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments