name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Australian Open: Emma Raducanu releases a formidable backhand, stunning Coco Gauff

Australian Open: Emma Raducanu releases a formidable backhand, stunning Coco Gauff

Advertisemen

Great shots and great show at the Australian Open 2023 women's singles second round between Emma Raducanu and Coco Gauff.

In the most anticipated match of the day, the one that opens the Rod Laver Arena program, Emma Raducanu tried everything to beat the US young star Coco Gauff, but in the end the British was defeated in straight sets.

The challenge between the two young tennis players seems well directed after a set, with the US much more regular and above all less foul. The British react wildly in the second set and even before giving in to the tie break she gets a handful of set points at 5-4.

In teh second set, after a rally, Raducanu stunned her rival by releasing an amazing long-line backhand.

The other matches: the defeat of Rafael Nadal

Rafael Nadal defeated and eliminated from the Australian Open, also due to an injury, the umpteenth of his career. In the press conference, the Spaniard explained: "I still don't know if it's a muscle or a joint. I've had hip problems in the past, I've had treatments, now I just feel like I can't move well and I think we have seen.

After the tests we will certainly know more. I don't know if I would have won the match under normal conditions. I mean, he was playing at a very high level, but surely I would have had more chances. Obviously I considered withdrawing, but at the end of the treatment I didn't ask the physiotherapist. I had to know. And I just tried to play without causing myself any further physical damage. I didn't even ask my box. I'm mature enough to make decisions like that on my own.

Obviously as reigning champion I didn't want to retire, in the end it's better this way. I simply lost and I can only congratulate my opponent. I think it's useless to tell you how I feel right now and what my sensations are, but in the end you can't do anything but keep going. Sometimes it's frustrating to accept, sometimes you just feel very tired from all these injuries. Tomorrow will be another day, today I certainly can not say that life is great and that everything is fine. This is definitely a tough time, but as I repeat, you have to accept it."



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/Vm9Wraz
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments