name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Roger Federer still keeps an invincible record at the US Open!

Roger Federer still keeps an invincible record at the US Open!

Advertisemen

Daniil Medvedev was unable to bend Nick Kyrgios in the great challenge at the US Open 2022. A defeat for the Russian, who takes a historical turn.

In fact, a tennis player hasn't won the US Open twice in a row for 14 years. The last to succeed and keep this record was Roger Federer, who beat Novak Djokovic in 2007 and Andy Murray in 2008, and to be precise, for Federer this was the fourth consecutive triumph at Flushing Meadows.

Before the Basel champion, players of the caliber of John McEnroe (1979, 1980), Jimmy Connors (1982, 1983), Ivan Lendl (1985, 1986), Stefan Edberg (1991, 1992), Pete Sampras had already succeeded in the feat. (1995, 1996) and Patrick Rafter (1997, 1998).

A super record that Federer still helds.

Medvedev: "I am very disappointed with this defeat"

Certainly Daniil Medvedev was expecting a tough match when he learned he was facing Nick Kyrgios in the round of 16 of the US Open. The outcome of the match, however, left a great bitterness in the mouth of the Russian, who at the end of the match said he was very disappointed with the performance:

"I knew it was going to be a complicated match. If he continues to play like this, he has all the credentials to think about winning the tournament. In general I think it was a pretty normal game, he served amazingly and he was good with some short balls in the important moments.

The general level of him was very high, so I'm not surprised by this defeat. I am very sorry. Especially after such a match. Of course, I will not lock myself in my room to cry, but I am very disappointed.

For a few days I will be sad, I will try to distract myself by watching a TV series or a movie. But that wasn't the first thing that came to mind after the game anyway. I don't even know if I'll be 3 or 4 at the end of this week, but it will definitely be a warning to do absolutely better. "



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/B4hcsMJ
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments