name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Ons Jabeur reacts to being named as Arab Sports Personality of the Year

Ons Jabeur reacts to being named as Arab Sports Personality of the Year

Advertisemen

Tunisian tennis star Ons Jabeur has been named the Arab Sports Personality of the Year. 

Jabeur, 28, has made six finals this season. 

This season, Jabeur clinched her first WTA 1000 title in Madrid and also made it all the way in Berlin.

At the Grand Slam level, Jabeur reached back-to-back finals at Wimbledon and the US Open. 

Jabeur, who made history by becoming the first Arab player to reach a Grand Slam final at Wimbledon, ended runner-up at The Championships and US Open.

Jabeur, who is currently the second-ranked player in the world, also made the final in Charleston.

"I'm honored. Thank you," Jabeur tweeted after being named as the Arab Sports Personality of the Year.

Jabeur wants to be an inspiration

Jabeur's success will likely lead to more Arab kids being interested in tennis and picking up a racket to play the game.

Tennis isn't really the most popular sports in Arab countries and Jabeur is hoping to be a part of something very positive. 

“I see myself like I’m on a mission,” Jabeur told The Guardian. “I tell myself I chose to do this. Let’s say, I chose to inspire people. I chose to be the person that I am. I want to share my experience one day and really get more and more generations here. So I don’t see it as a burden, I see it as a great pleasure and great responsibility. It’s part of the job, it’s part of why I am playing today. And I do believe in sharing. Sharing could help me, help me as a player and help the other generations.”

Jabeur is a great ambassador for the game. 

On the court, Jabeur plays well and is making notable results. 

Off the court, Jabeur is known as a very nice and positive person, which makes her a fan favorite wherever she goes. 

Jabeur also enjoys a very strong reputation in the locker room.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/vca1Vqe
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments