name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Novak Djokovic: 'I hope that we get a chance to...'

Novak Djokovic: 'I hope that we get a chance to...'

Advertisemen

Jenson Brooksby, 21, revealed that it was the big three that he liked to watch as a child. Brooksby, who is considered one of the brightest talents in American tennis, has reached three ATP finals in the past year but is yet to win his first title. After realizing how difficult it is to win on Tour, Brooksby says he now has even more respect for Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic, who have dominated the game for the past two decades. "When I was young, I liked to watch the top three: Djokovic, Nadal and Federer. When I was younger, I didn't really understand what it meant to be as good and consistent throughout those years as I do now. Now I really appreciate that work ethic," Brooksby told the ATP Tour website. "I respect him even more for the consistency with which they do what they do to get to where they are. And they have for over a decade and I'm trying to learn from them. My team and I are very supportive of doing what we believe in, but my coach watches them and sees what he thinks they do best and I can learn from that." At last year's US Open, Brooksby had his first matchup with a member of the Big Three. In the US Open round of 16, Brooksby got off to an impressive start against Djokovic, winning the first set 6-1. But Djokovic easily recovered from a slow start to beat Brooksby 1-6, 6-3, 6-2, 6-2.

Djokovic won Wimbledon

Novak Djokovic paid tribute to Serena Williams in light of her retirement with some kind words for the 23-time Grand Slam singles champion. "My probably favorite memory of us together is winning Wimbledon and then dancing at the champions' dinner," Djokovic said in a video shared by the ATP tour. "It was a blast, it was one of the best moments I had on the tour with you. Thank you so much for everything you have done for our beautiful sport," the Serbian player said. "Your contribution and your legacy on and off the court will live forever. I value and cherish our relationship that goes on for many years and I was hoping that this moment will never arrive when you announced your retirement, and here we are. I hope that we get a chance to see each other soon. I know that you will still be connected to the tennis court as Olympia is coming up," Djokovic said.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/Q72a8pb
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments