name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Céline Boutier: "I am very happy to be back"

Céline Boutier: "I am very happy to be back"

Advertisemen

French number one Céline Boutier is eager to defend her Lacoste Ladies Open de France title, which is being played for the first time at Golf Barrière Deauville (September 15-17).

Céline Boutier, statements

“I am very happy to be back to defend my French Open title, she began during her meeting with the press. I can't wait for it to start. Last year's victory remains one of the greatest moments of my career. I had wanted to win it for a long time and getting there with a last birdie at 18 will remain an immense memory. It was also great to be able to share this victory with my family.

“For the past few weeks, I've been working on my big game at home in Dallas. This was a bit of a problem area in recent tournaments. And I also tried to rest well because the season is long and you also have to digest the jet lag this week. I have a little pain in the morning, but I'm fine.

“My game has improved since last year. I am working to be even more consistent and improve my fourteenth place in the world in the future. I'm looking forward to playing opportunities like this week and all the big end-of-season meetings."

Céline Boutier, born November 10, 1993 in Clamart, is a French golfer playing on the American circuit (LPGA). She won 5 professional tournaments including 3 on the European tour (LET) and 2 on the American circuit, as well as the Solheim cup 2019 and Solheim cup 2021 with the European team. Its best worldwide ranking is 15th (Rolex Rankings) in August 20221.

During her amateur career, Céline Boutier reached the rank of world number 1 amateur in 20142 and won the British Ladies Amateur in 20153. She studied in the United States from 2012 to 2016 at Duke University (North Carolina).

Céline Boutier became a professional in 2016, on the American circuit: first on the Symetra tour, where her results (2 victories in 2017) allowed her to join the LPGA in 2018. She also plays some tournaments on the European circuit (LET), with 2 victories: the Sanya Ladies Open in November 2017 and the Australian Ladies Classic Bonville in February 2018. In February 2019 she won an LPGA tournament, the ISPS Handa Vic Open. She was selected to be part of the European team for the 2019 Solheim Cup6, which she won by scoring 4 points (victory in all her matches, in particular 2 foursomes and 1 fourball with England's Georgia Hall). She wins the title again with the European team in 2021.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/B6xMXcz
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments