name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Carlos Alcaraz: At home, I'm a normal kid who listens to his parents

Carlos Alcaraz: At home, I'm a normal kid who listens to his parents

Advertisemen

US Open champion Carlos Alcaraz reveals back home he is just "a normal kid" who has to listen to his parents when at their home. 

Alcaraz, 19, has quickly become one of the biggest names in the game. 

Following his US Open victory, Alcaraz became the youngest No. 1 in tennis history. 

"When we’re at home, my parents tell me what I have to do. You know––‘Do this, do that,’ just normal parent-kid stuff. I’m normal," Alcaraz told GQ Magazine. "I’m a normal guy.”

Alcaraz is coached by Juan Carlos Ferrero, who is known for being all about hard work.

Over the last two seasons, Alcaraz has been constantly improving his game. 

“I consider myself a guy who learns things really quick.”Alcaraz said. “I learn very fast, and I work really hard. Every single day. I worked on precision movements the last two years, really top ones.”

Alcaraz on if he envisioned his first Major to come in New York

“I didn’t,” Alcaraz admitted. “I hadn’t really envisioned which one would be first.” 

Alcaraz already has a pretty complete game and he is pretty much favorite to win wherever he goes. 

Reflecting on his future Grand Slam chances, Alcaraz suggests it doesn't matter where he wins a Grand Slam - he just wants to win it. 

“I wouldn’t mind if I won in Australia or at Wimbledon or Roland Garros. A slam is a slam," Alcaraz noted.

Alcaraz was aiming to win his first Grand Slam even before the US Open. 

After winning Masters titles in Miami and Madrid, Alcaraz said he felt ready to win the French Open. 

Alcaraz did make a deep run at the French Open, but it was ended in the quarterfinal by Alexander Zverev. 

After suffering a round-of-16 loss at Wimbledon, Alcaraz put up a strong run at the US Open and now has a Grand Slam title in his collection.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/HSXT0mM
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments