name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Serena Williams asked for advice from Tiger Woods: His answer delighted everyone

Serena Williams asked for advice from Tiger Woods: His answer delighted everyone

Advertisemen

How important Tiger Woods is in the world of sports is also shown by the fact that Serena Williams wanted his advice before she made the decision to retire. His answer was interesting;

“This spring, I had the itch to get back on the court for the first time in seven months. I was talking to Tiger Woods, who’s a friend, and I told him I needed his advice on my tennis career,” she said for Vogue “I said, ‘I don’t know what to do: I think I’m over it, but maybe I’m not over it.’ He’s Tiger, and he was adamant that I be a beast the same way he is!

“He said, ‘Serena, what if you just gave it two weeks? You don’t have to commit to anything. You just go out on the court every day for two weeks and give it your all and see what happens.’

Serena Williams after his advice

At first, Serena did not want to listen to such advice. It was not easy to make any decision, given that there was a lot of pressure on her. However, after some time she decided to do so. Serena came out on the court and it seems as if she has regained the will to play.

 “I said, ‘All right, I think I can do that.’ And I didn’t do it. But a month later, I gave it a try. And it felt magical to pick up a racket again. And I was good. I was really good. I went back and forth about whether to play Wimbledon, and the US Open after that.” 

Tiger Woods has shown his greatness and willingness to help others many times. He is one of the most influential athletes in the world of sports. Things like this are the reason why he is a fan favorite.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/3lUxmgn
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments