name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Nick Kyrgios: I was drug tested until midnight and told to eat in cafe with no food

Nick Kyrgios: I was drug tested until midnight and told to eat in cafe with no food

Advertisemen

Nick Kyrgios noted there are certain things a seeded player doesn't have to go through as he didn't feel it was right to have him drug tested until 12am midnight following his opening round victory in Washington. 

On Tuesday, Kyrgios kicked off his Washington campaign with a 6-3 6-2 win over Marcos Giron. 

The following day, Kyrgios saw off Tommy Paul 6-3 6-4. 

After beating Paul, Kyrgios explained some of the benefits seeded players enjoy at tournaments. 

"I think a seeded player doesn't even play his first round. Last night, I played a first round, tough first round, and I got drug tested until 12:00 am midnight and expected to play tonight. He (a seeded player) gets to bed at the time he wants to get to bed. Eats what he wants to eat. I was told to eat in the cafe when there was no food. These are just things I think a seeded player won't have to deal with," Kyrgios said, per Sportskeeda. 

Kyrgios feels he has a top level

Kyrgios is the 63rd-ranked player in the world but that just because the ATP didn't reward any points for Wimbledon. 

Had Kyrgios been rewarded with ranking points for his run to the Wimbledon final, he would have been ranked much higher. 

I’m having a great year. I think if Wimbledon had points, I think I’d be around top 15, top 20 in the world. I definitely feel like I’m playing that level of tennis. If not top 10, top 5 at the moment. I think a couple years ago, after having a great Grand Slam result, I think I would have struggled, as you said, to find motivation, obviously probably a bit more selfish. But now I feel like I had some time off in Bahamas, but I was still forcing myself to train every day. Coming to these tournaments in shape and ready to go," Kyrgios said.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/dGxLYF4
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments