name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Jordan Spieth: This was my worst majors season by far

Jordan Spieth: This was my worst majors season by far

Advertisemen

Jordan Spieth hopes to raise his game to a higher level next season. He understood what he had to work on and will seriously study the next challenges.

“Going into next year, I should putt a lot better,” Spieth told Golf Digest on Saturday.

“I found some key stuff to work on in the offseason, and then continue to get better in the full swing as well.”

When asked by a Golfdigest reporter how he rates his season, Spieth replied:

“Probably like a 7.5,” Spieth said.

“I wish I was more consistent this year. I struck the ball better than last year and felt I putted better, too. I just felt like I couldn't really get anything to go in this year. Kind of one of those years.”

Jordan Spieth: This was my worst majors season by far

Spieth couldn't do anything at the Majors this year. He is not satisfied with his performance, but in certain moments luck was not on his side.

“I normally judge it off majors and this was my worst majors season by far,” the three-time major winner said. “It was just weird … I felt everything was in place, but I just didn't score well.”

Spieth also talked about his putting and inconsistency at certain moments.

“Yeah, a bit [technical] but really a lot of set-up stuff and the start of the stroke; for a while I was having to save it a bit and now I feel a lot better,” Spieth said. “I got really off in 2018, finished [123rd] in putting, was in top five the next year. But this [year] was different than the '18 year. I felt way more comfortable felt my stroke was a lot cleaner. Some tournaments, you get the ball going in from the beginning and I didn’t seem to get many of those.”



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/UdEjXDH
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments