name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Andy Murray undergoing testing to determine reason behind cramp issues

Andy Murray undergoing testing to determine reason behind cramp issues

Advertisemen

Andy Murray is undergoing sweat testing as he is determined to find out what exactly is causing his cramp issues.

Murray, 35, has had a problem with cramps throughout the summer. 

After picking up back-to-back first round losses in Washington and Montreal, Murray clinched his first win on hard in Cincinnati. 

After just clinching his first win on hard, Murray again started experiencing cramp issues.

In the Cincinnati second round, Murray lost to Cameron Norrie in three sets after being hampered by cramp issues. 

Murray voiced concerns following the Norrie match as he noted that something just wasn't right. 

Murray: I'm trying to get to the bottom of it

“I’m doing sweat testing in these conditions to see if anything has changed in that respect because the sports drinks and the electrolytes is made specifically on my sweat tests, but I haven’t done sweat testing for quite a number of years," Murray said, per Tennis365. “I don’t know if anything has changed in that respect but we’ll try and get to the bottom of it, because let’s say if it was purely from hydration, then obviously after I got cramp like in Washington I made sure that I was not dehydrated going into the next matches. And if it was eating related then I made sure all of those boxes were ticked. It’s not just been as simple as changing how much I’ve been drinking or what I’m drinking so I need to get some answers.”

On Thursday, Murray learned that his US Open first round opponent will be Francisco Cerundolo.

One of the Murray's big goals for the 2022 season was to make a big Grand Slam. 

But Murray hasn't had much Grand Slam success this year. 

This season, Murray picked up second round defeats at the Australian Open and Wimbledon, while he didn't compete at the French Open.

It remains to be seen if Murray can make a deep US Open run.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/ibwFuL4
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments