name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> 'Roger Federer's attitude in the sport...', says legend

'Roger Federer's attitude in the sport...', says legend

Advertisemen

Starting the season with the Sydney title, Roger Federer finally took it a step further and reached the top 10 in May after the first Masters 1000 crown in Hamburg. Following his most significant result in a career outside of the Grand Slams, Roger lost ground in the following months, failing to win at Roland Garros and Wimbledon and losing his place among the elite after a series of outings early. The Swiss reached the fourth round of the US Open, giving him some confidence before winning a fourth ATP title in Vienna in October and returning to the top 10 and becoming a contender in the ATP Race To Shanghai. He playing in Madrid as number one in the world. On July 7, Roger defeated Marcelo RĂ­os 6-4, 6-2 in the first round to make a winning start, looking for another deep run like in Vienna and more points on his account in the quest for first place in the Masters Cup. "I feel very good with Shanghai, it's great to be back in the race. I was 10th and now I'm 7th after winning Vienna. I'm also in the highest position of my career, surpassing the 8th position I held after the title in Hamburg. I am enjoying tennis at the moment because lately I have had some difficulties with lack of confidence and problems on and off the court, with my friend dying. I went through difficult times and I am happy that it is going uphill again. The clash against Xavier Malisse at the US Open helped me a lot, coming from a set down to cross the finish line first. I didn't play that well in the next round against Mirnyi, but he didn't let me into the match. The Davis Cup in Morocco was also very good for my confidence; I played very well, although you don't get many career points there. Still, he didn't know how well he would play indoors.

Adam Peaty pays tribute to King Roger

Three-time Olympic gold medalist swimmer Adam Peaty recently praised Roger Federer. The Brit believes the 40-year-old is easy to idolize given his "class" and longevity. “I’m inspired by all the top players but Roger Federer is the one where I think he’s just class, isn’t he?” said Adam Peaty. “The way he comes across, how he performs, his attitude in the sport, that’s someone you want to look up to, you get to your late 30s or early 40s still doing your sport then why not.”



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/MJVpOC6
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments