name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Novak Djokovic confident in his French Open chances

Novak Djokovic confident in his French Open chances

Advertisemen

World No. 1 Novak Djokovic says he is not bothering himself by who could win the French Open but adds he thinks he is one of the favorited for the title. 

Djokovic made a slow start to the clay season but his level improved in Madrid and Rome and now he is considered among top favorites for the French Open title. 

Last week in Rome, Djokovic won five matches - all in straight sets - to win his first title of the season. 

In the Rome final, Djokovic saw off world No. 4 Stefanos Tsitsipas 6-0 7-6 (0). 

"Well, I mean, I think with rankings and the way I've been playing in the last few weeks, I would rate myself as one of the favorites," Djokovic said, per Sportskeeda. "I don't obviously spend too much time thinking who's going to win it or who might have the best chance. I always think about myself."

Djokovic: I like my French Open chances

Djokovic captured his first French Open title in 2016, before winning his second title at Roland Garros a year ago. 

"I go there with the highest ambitions, particularly of the way I played here. I really like my chances," Djokovic added. "Obviously the draw and everything, it's not something that you can affect, but it's going to also determine a little bit of my trajectory to the later stages of the event."

Djokovic struggled with his fitness in his first few tournaments. 

In Rome, Djokovic looked great on the court. 

"Best-of-five, you play every second day. It's a Grand Slam. It's different," Djokovic noted. "Really, the Grand Slams are played different. You have to approach it differently. But the way I've been feeling on the court and off the court in the last few weeks, I really think I can go far."

Rafael Nadal is experiencing foot problems again and some think Djokovic is the top favorite for the French Open title. 



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/Sd8jfXu
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments