name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Nick Kyrgios on best grass court player: I'd say me

Nick Kyrgios on best grass court player: I'd say me

Advertisemen

Six-time ATP champion Nick Kyrgios isn't lacking any confidence on himself ahead of the grass season as he has stated that he believes he is the best player on grass. 

Kyrgios, a former world No. 13, is skipping this clay season but he is expected to return to action in early June at the Mercedes Cup in Stuttgart. 

Kyrgios has never won an ATP title on grass but he made two semifinals on grass and once he reached a Wimbledon quarterfinal. 

“I mean, on the grass, I’d say me,” Kyrgios told The Sydney Morning Herald.

Kyrgios enjoying himself on the court in 2022

At the start of this season, Kyrgios became a Grand Slam champion after he and Thanasi Kokkinakis won the Australian Open men's doubles title. 

“Something about this year has just been different,” Kyrgios said.

“I’ve played five or six events and I’ve gone pretty well in pretty much everyone I’ve played and I’ve beaten a lot of the top players in the world this year.

“I guess it’s more of a resurgence year, just going out there and showing people that I don’t have to go out there and play all the time, (that) I can still be at the top of the game.

“I’m just enjoying it and doing it my way.”

This season, Kyrgios has been accompanied by his girlfriend Costeen Hatzi and he seems happy on and off the court. 

Earlier this year, Kyrgios opened about the depression stage he went through a few years ago and encouraged anyone who is struggling to keep fighting and that the brighters days will certainly come. 

“I play for a lot of people. I feel like I’m very relatable,” Kyrgios noted.

“A lot of kids and people look up to me when I play. If someone like me can make it this far and achieve what I’ve achieved, I think it gives them a lot of hope.

“Obviously, I’m 27 now, so I’ve got to provide a bit of money, but it’s just a lot of fun; the tennis tour, travelling around the world, it’s a pretty nice lifestyle. I want to soak it up while I can.”



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/4hEy7zC
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments