name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Naomi Osaka shares message to fans after concluding clay season

Naomi Osaka shares message to fans after concluding clay season

Advertisemen

Four-time Grand Slam champion Naomi Osaka didn't make a deep French Open run but she left Paris in much better spirits than it was the case in 2021. 

Last year, Osaka won her first round match at Roland Garros but later pulled out of the rest of the event. 

12 months ago, Osaka opened up about her battle with depression and anxiety and announced a break from tennis to address her mental health. 

"These past few weeks in Europe have been a real character test, but I’m glad I came overall just really happy this year; I’m leaving with a completely different emotion than the previous one. Ty Paris," Osaka tweeted.

Osaka: I'm doing better 

Osaka says she now has a different perspective and she is constantly trying to find ways to use her platform and position to contribute in positive ways. 

"I feel comfortable in who I am and where I have come from," Osaka said. "There have been ups and downs and I wouldn't change a thing, which really helps to give me inner peace. ... I have a new perspective and I'm so appreciative that I have this career and platform. I'm also really energised and motivated."

Following her first round defeat at Roland Garros, Osaka revealed there is a chance she decides to skip Wimbledon. 

The WTA removed ranking points from 2022 Wimbledon and Osaka doesn't seem to be really too much interested in playing a "pointless" Wimbledon. 

“I would say the decision is kind of affecting my mentality going into grass, like I’m not 100 percent sure if I’m going to go there,” Osaka said. “I would love to go just to get some experience on the grass court, but like at the same time, for me, it’s kind of like - I don’t want to say pointless, no pun intended, but I’m the type of player that gets motivated by... seeing my ranking go up.”



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/bqus9cF
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments