name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Daniil Medvedev talks avoiding Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic in his part of RG draw

Daniil Medvedev talks avoiding Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic in his part of RG draw

Advertisemen

Russian tennis star Daniil Medvedev admits he is happy not to be drawn in the same part of the French Open draw as Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic. 

The top of the French Open draw features Nadal, Djokovic and two-time Masters champion Carlos Alcaraz. 

"When you play a Grand Slam, it's always good to not have these biggest names. And when I say 'biggest names,' of course we know Novak, Rafa, Roland Garros, it's crazy how they play here," Medvedev said, via Sportskeeda. 

"It's good from one side to have them on the other side of the draw. At the same time, me, even more than other tournaments, I have to focus on myself." 

Medvedev not taking Facundo Bagnis for granted 

Medvedev maybe avoided Nadal, Djokovic and Alcaraz in his part of the draw but underlined there are no easy matches at the Grand Slam level. 

In the French Open first round, Medvedev will be taking on Argentine Bagnis. 

"A lot of clay court, good clay court players. I'm playing one of them first round, lefty, likes to spin the ball. Need to prepare this one and I'm going to take every match by match. If I manage to meet one of them in the draw means I made a good tournament. So hopefully I can see one of them in the second week," Medvedev said. 

Medvedev collected four consecutive first round exits at Roland Garros before making the quarterfinal at the tournament a year ago. 

"I love the French Open. I have had some tough moments in terms of results. Last year, even though we didn't have much of a crowd we had some atmosphere and I loved it. I enjoyed it very much. I played well. It was a pleasure being here this year, and we might have a full crowd. I'm really happy to be here. I love playing in France," Medvedev said. 

Medvedev didn't have a perfect preparation for the French Open as a hernia surgery limited him to only match played this clay season. 



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/QYW7XzI
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments