name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Carlos Alcaraz: Rafael Nadal's compliments and advice make me happy

Carlos Alcaraz: Rafael Nadal's compliments and advice make me happy

Advertisemen

Carlos Alcaraz says being compared to Rafael Nadal is nothing new to him and admits receiving the compliments and advice from the record 21-time Grand Slam champion makes him happy. 

Alcaraz has had an absolutely impressive start to the year and many are calling him the new Nadal. 

The fact that Alcaraz is being compared to Nadal says a lot about his talent as many believe the 18-year-old has the potential to win multiple Grand Slams and become the world No. 1. 

"It's been going on for years on social media. But I try not to be distracted: I think of myself, of tennis, of my progress. Rafa's compliments and advice make me happy. But I'm from Murcia, he from Majorca. He's left-handed, not me. Me when I was little, I was anything but a warrior: small, skinny, and not very powerful. The opposite of Nadal," Alcaraz said, per We Love Tennis. 

Nadal backed Alcaraz to have a great career

In Indian Wells, Nadal edged out Alcaraz in three sets to reach the final. 

After surviving the Alcaraz challenge, Nadal heaped praise on the 18-year-old. 

“I think he has all the shots,” said Nadal after beating Alcaraz. “He can play very aggressive. He can play defensive because he's super fast. He can defend amazing balls. Of course, when he's playing aggressive, it is difficult to stop him because the quality of his ball is very high.

“I think he has all the ingredients to become an amazing champion. I didn't come to the match more nervous because I was playing a youngster. I treated it like I was playing against a top-eight player. In terms of level, that was my feeling.”

Two weeks after being praised by Nadal, Alcaraz became a Masters champion in Miami. 

Alcaraz has already won at every level except the Grand Slam level and he will be looking to change that at the French Open. 



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/n3sqN40
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments