name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Richard Gasquet set to play in Lyon

Richard Gasquet set to play in Lyon

Advertisemen

French tennis star Richard Gasquet has signed up to play Lyon this year, the tournament announced through its Twitter account on Saturday.

Gasquet, a former world No. 7, is set to make his second appearance on the clay courts of Lyon. 

Gasquet, now ranked at No. 52 in the world, played at the Lyon event in 2019. 

Back then. Gasquet won a tight opener against fellow compatriot Maxime Janvier, before he gave a walkover to American Taylor Fritz. 

Gasquet and Gael Monfils to be home favorites 

Former world No. 6 Monfils had been earlier confirmed for Lyon as he and Gasquet will certainly be one of the top attractions at the event this year. 

Monfils recently pulled out of the Monte Carlo Masters at the last moment. 

"Sadly I'm forced to withdraw from the Rolex Monte Carlo Masters," Monfils announced on his social media.

"I have been feeling some pain at the bottom of my calf for the last ten days and it got worse yesterday during my last practice. On the advice of the medical staff, I took an ultrasound which has confirmed the extent of the injury. Therefore I'm forced to postpone my return to play. However I remain positive and optimistic for the rest of the season. I will start specific treatment from today in the hope to return to play as soon as possible. Thanks you for your support, Gael."

Monfils hasn't played since losing to Emil Ruusuvuori in the Australian Open first round. 

"For sure [it was] a tough one. Probably the longest match I've ever played and a tough five-setter against a great player. "But I thought I played a good match," Ruusuvuori said after the match.

"Both [of us] were a little up and down, and that's how it went to five, but yeah, I was able to come through today and just really happy about that."



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/3nmTMdV
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments