name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Rafael Nadal not taking Stefanos Tsitsipas for granted ahead of Barcelona final

Rafael Nadal not taking Stefanos Tsitsipas for granted ahead of Barcelona final

Advertisemen

Spanish tennis superstar Rafael Nadal couldn't hide his happiness after reaching yet another Barcelona Open final. 

Nadal, seeded at No. 1, handed a 6-3 6-2 loss to fellow compatriot Pablo Carreno Busta in the Barcelona Open semifinal. 

“I am very happy to be back in a final here at an historic event, a home event [and] an important one for me,” said Nadal, per the ATP website. “I think I did things well today, better than the other days. I have been improving every single day a little bit more.”

Nadal will be fighting against top-ranked Greek tennis player Stefanos Tsitsipas for the Barcelona title. 

“Tomorrow will be a very tough one. [Stefanos] is playing probably better than ever,” said Nadal. “Not one set lost in Monte-Carlo and here, so it will be the toughest opponent possible. I hope to be ready. It is going to be a tough one, but I need to be ready to increase my level and let’s see.”

Nadal has already beaten Tsitsipas in a Barcelona final 

Three years ago, Nadal clashed Tsitsipas in the Barcelona final and claimed a straight-set win. 

Three years later, world No. 5 Tsitsipas is set to once again contend 20-time Grand Slam champion Nadal for the Barcelona title.

Tsitsipas, who is aiming to lift his maiden Barcelona title, overcame rising Italian star Jannik Sinner in straight sets to make the final 

“It feels great to be back [in the final]. I will try to redeem myself from last time… [Rafa] is someone that I really respect and have always dreamed of beating,” said Tsitsipas ahead of the final.. “The fact that I was able to do it this year pushes me to push myself... I feel like I need experiences like this to grow as a player. A final is always a very important phase in a tournament.”



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/3tRI8dh
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments