name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Feliciano Lopez compares Messi and Ronaldo to Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal

Feliciano Lopez compares Messi and Ronaldo to Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal

Advertisemen

It is not easy to express in words the dominance of Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic in the modern era. The Big 3 totaled 56 Grand Slam titles leaving very little space to their rivals, including Andy Murray (former world number 1 and able to win three Slams anyway).

In addition to this, they’ve more or less had a permanent position in the top 3 of the tennis rankings. The season had opened with Djokovic's victory at the Australian Open, which had allowed the Serbian to conquer his 17th Slam. With Nadal only two titles away (19) and Federer at three (20), the World number 1 had nally broken the delay: “I want to end the season undefeated.

Feliciano Lopez of Spain is an interesting tennis player. He was the first Spaniard to reach the Wimbledon quarter-finals since 1972 when he achieved the feat in 2005.

In a recent interview, the Spanish revealed that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity that the fans of the current generation have: “I don’t think tennis will ever live a time where 3 players this good will be playing. I don’t think there will ever, and I obviously won’t be alive to see it, I will die without seeing a player reach as many grand slams as any of them, no matter who ends up first, Novak, Rafa or Federer. But one of them will end up as the best of all time (or all of them) and I won’t see in my lifetime anyone who surpasses them.

Not just me, not even my children or grandchildren, and I don’t even think there will be another player that will win as many as any of these three. And what I think it will be absolutely impossible is to have another 3 as good as them playing at the same time. It’s just… just two of them playing at the same time is a miracle, but then three? And so many years? I guess it’s the same as Cristiano, Messi and Maradona.”



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2JIUxe6
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments