name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Heather Watson: I Am Loving Life Right Now

Heather Watson: I Am Loving Life Right Now

Advertisemen

Britain's Heather Watson says she is loving life right now, after winning her first WTA title in four years at the Mexican Open last week. The 27 year old Brit started the season ranked outside the Top 100 in the world but is back in the Top 50 at No. 49 in the rankings after her win in Mexico.

Speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live's The Inside Track, Watson says, "I am loving life right now. In the long run, I need to be happy off the court to be successful on the court. I felt like I had nothing to lose going into the tournament. On and off the court I felt good, I was in a really calm state of mind. I was going into the competition just enjoying it, being healthy - and as the tournament went on I thought: 'Oh this is nice.' I've been loving [tennis] these past eight months. When I got to the final I did put a bit of pressure on myself. I have been so consistent; more consistent then I have been in my career."

The British No. 2 says her goals for the rest of the year include playing the Tokyo Olympic Games and making the fourth round of a Grand Slam.  "I have been very open that my number one goal is to be in the Olympics again. My goal every year is to win WTA titles. I have one now, so the goal is to get another one and I want to make it into at least the fourth round of a Grand Slam."



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2IE0M2F
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments