name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Lucky loser Pedro Sousa hopes to deliver in Buenos Aires final

Lucky loser Pedro Sousa hopes to deliver in Buenos Aires final

Advertisemen

World No. 145 Pedro Sousa says he has been through a lot lately but the things have gotten better this week and he hopes to finish his sensational Buenos Aires run with a title. 

Sousa, who was beaten in the Buenos Aires qualifying round, entered the tournament's main draw as a lucky loser and ended up making his maiden ATP final. 

The Portuguese lucky loser beat Facundo Diaz Acosta, Jozef Kovalik and Joao Monteiro before he was given a walkover in the semifinal by the injured Diego Schwartzman.

Sousa, a former world No. 99, will be battling against rising Norwegian star Casper Ruud for this year's Buenos Aires title. 

Sousa, 31, and 21-year-old Ruud will be clashing against each other for the first time in their respective careers when they meet in the Buenos Aires final. 

"It means a lot to me,” Sousa said, per the ATP Tour. “Last year was not as good as I was expecting and I started this year with some problems, but I managed to change those things and started to play well this week. I got the lucky loser spot, took my chance and am enjoying every time I’m playing in this tournament. Hopefully I can do a good job tomorrow.”



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/38I9qbq
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments