name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Tatiana Golovin Gets Wild Card for Limoges Open

Tatiana Golovin Gets Wild Card for Limoges Open

Advertisemen

Former World No. 12 Tatiana Golovin has received a wild card into the main draw of the Limoges Open BLS, the $125,000 WTA tournament that takes place from December 15 to December 22.

This would be the third tournament of Golovin since she announced her comeback to tennis earlier this year. She lost in the first round of both her previous two events. In the WTA event in Luxembourg, she lost in the first round of qualifying to Slovenia's Kaja Juvan 6-3, 6-1 while in the ITF $80K event in Pottiers, she lost in the first round to Germany's Antonia Lottner 6-0, 6-1.

According to LePopulaire, Golovin commented, "I have a big opportunity to participate in a WTA tournament, especially in France. Pascal (Biojout, Tournament Director of Open BLS Limoges) gave me a wild card and I am very grateful. I will try to do my best. I'm still recovering, it may be a bit early to play girls who are ranked 100th in the world, but we'll see. In a little over a month, I will already be at a higher level, I can really give myself a chance to compete with others at this level."

Golovin has been in Limoges twice in the past - in 2007 and 2014. In 2007, she was part of the French team that beat Japan 5-0 at this venue in the Fed Cup while in 2014, she was a guest star at the tournament. Golovin said she was looking forward to coming back to the site. "I have a great memory. We were in a beautiful castle, we had beautiful porcelain as a gift. Five years ago, I had just learned that I was pregnant with my daughter and I never thought that in the near future I would have my name on the board."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/37tC4wQ
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments