name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Roger Federer opens up on his next big goal

Roger Federer opens up on his next big goal

Advertisemen

Roger Federer spoke about Juan Martin del Potro being sidelined with a knee injury. The Swiss said: "It's not nice to see, you do not want anybody to be hurt and not feeling very good. He's been very important in tennis especially for the Argentineans, for them to see him injured again, for him to feel injured, being injured is a terrible thing. We all wish him a speedy recovery like I am sure you all want to see him back on the court as well. I was supposed to play him here in Buenos Aires, unfortunately, it did not happen."

Federer also opened up on his next big goal: "For me, I hope I can finish my career on my terms, not having problems with injury, I hope that my family is gonna be healthy and that I can do this as long as I want."

Federer was also asked who is the greatest player ever: "We will never quite know because the game was different back in the day but for me, Pete Sampras was my hero growing up. He wrote history in a big way. Bjorn Borg maybe also right up there, Rafa (Nadal), Novak (Djokovic), I do not know... I am in the conversation I guess because I beat a lot of records, records are there to be broken. Over the last 20 years especially when I came on Tour people started thinking more and more about how I can set new records. Before, I do not think people were really focusing on that, but I am happy with how my career has been."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Oyw4KH
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments