name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Roger Federer: 'I hope I can still play for a long time'

Roger Federer: 'I hope I can still play for a long time'

Advertisemen

Roger Federer spoke about his rivalries with Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal. The Swiss said: "Playing against those guys that have beaten me over maybe 20 times now, they make you sometimes feel maybe not so good like anybody beats you. You go back, go the locker room and you are like, What happened? I obviously had many more of those moments against the best like Novak and Rafa and you speak to the coaches, you think yourself, you go the practice court and next time you play them, you try something different. So I think this is what the best players do, they challenge you and I am thankful that they were there because sometimes people say, It would have been better if they were not there because I could have won a lot more but I became a better player because they were on the tour with me", said Federer who hopes he can still play for a long time. "We will see how it goes."

Federer also spoke about his happiness for playing in Chile: "It's nice to have finally played here. I never had the chance to play here although I have been on the tour for 22 years and in many places but I was never in Chile", said Federer who also praised the Chilean tennis players Nicolas Jarry and Christian Garin: "There is talent in this country, they are great guys and good players. I think the younger guys need to seek their dreams, have perseverance, work hard, respect their opponents and the clean game. All of this is very important."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2DbkdNw
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments