name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Novak Djokovic: 'This is not the way I want to play on court'

Novak Djokovic: 'This is not the way I want to play on court'

Advertisemen

Novak Djokovic was not satisfied after his loss to Roger Federer at the ATP Finals in London. The Belgrade native said: "Well, I'm not happy with the way I finished the season. I mean, obviously this is not the way I want to play on the court, first of all. You've got to accept that you have these kind of days and move on. If I have to draw the line, I think it was still a very good season, winning two slams and five titles. Of course I'm still hot-headed off the court, but all in all, it was a good season."

Asked if his two hour and 45-minute match loss to Dominic Thiem on Tuesday influenced his performance against Federer, Djokovic replied: "Maybe. Maybe not. I don't know. Mentally it was tough to lose a match like that a few nights ago. Yeah, I started off this tournament amazingly. I felt great. Won Paris. Played really well. Just probably things kind of shifted in terms of the way I feel on the court, and my confidence level wasn't high today, so Roger could sense that and he used it very well."

Reassessing his performance furthermore, Djokovic concluded: "Of course you try to look at positives. As I said, I just came off the court under not such a positive impression of my game and the way I ended the season, as I said. Not to repeat it again, it was a good season and, you know, tomorrow probably will reflect on it in a different way."

 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/32Iuxqs
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments