name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Cricketer Josie Dooley Says Ash Barty is Also an Incredible Golfer

Cricketer Josie Dooley Says Ash Barty is Also an Incredible Golfer

Advertisemen

19-year-old Australian cricketer Josie Dooley says she once won a tennis tournament with World No. 1 Ash Barty and thinks the Australian would have surely made it to the Australian cricket team if she decided to stick to cricket during her break from tennis a few years ago.

Speaking to Gatton Star, Dooley says she played under the same junior coach as Barty at the West Brisbane Tennis Centre and in 2014 the team paired up to win the Ipswich Open doubles title.

"I was lucky enough to have her on my team. I think I was better off standing off the court and letting her do it all. I do say now that it was her first win back after her break, so I take a bit of credit I reckon."

Speaking about Barty's time in cricket, Dooley commented, "She would have played for Australia for sure. She was leading run-scorer in our first-grade competition in Brisbane and that was her first season of cricket ever. She'd never picked up a cricket bat before that, she's just a freak and also one of the nicest people you could ever meet. I always looked up to her when I was younger and I think it was the person she is."

Dolley also says Barty is very good at the game of golf. "She's also a gun golfer. I think she could definitely quit tennis now and make it pro in golf."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/34aXIEe
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments