name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Coach recalls the best moment he had with Rafael Nadal over 16 years

Coach recalls the best moment he had with Rafael Nadal over 16 years

Advertisemen

Francis Roig recalled one of the biggest moments about his co-operation with Rafael Nadal. Roig said: "We once came to 2013 Indian Wells dealing with a knee issue. Before the tournament he told me, Look, if I can win two matches, I will be happy. Then he won the tournament, in the final against Juan Martin del Potro. This year's Rome Open was a very special moment too, in the final against Novak Djokovic. A closer feeling to what winning a Grand Slam represents. Beating Novak, after a long time, and the way he did... Those are unforgettable moments. I am aware that I am very lucky, being next to Rafa is a unique opportunity. I consider him as one of the best sportsmen ever, not just tennis. Also as a human being, besides the way he competes which is brutal."

What advice would Roger Federer give a youngster? The Swiss said: "Work hard and do not waste your talent. Enjoy the process and listen at your parents", said Federer who also recalled when he broke his racket during his match against Franco Squillari in 2001 Hamburg: "It was a very meaningful moment. I was tired of my behaviour. I was always saying bad words and complaining. I think I was trying to be too much of a perfectionist and I did not accept any mistake, and lose the match either. I decided to change my behaviour. I did not want to be crazy and it took three years to find this balance."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2s671qZ
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments