Daniil Medvedev revealed that many of the Russian national team players stayed up until 4:00 AM in Moscow on Monday to watch the US Open final between him and Rafael Nadal, despite they had to play against Kazakhstan on Monday night. "I got a lot of messages from Russian athletes on Instagram whom I admired. They wrote it was nice, they congratulated me for a nice experience. I do not want to mention names. There were many football guys. One of them even told me that the whole team was watching my match and the day after everyone slept. They won 1-0 and Mario Fernandez scored. I was like, Was he the only one who slept? They replied me, Well, he is Brazilian!" said Medvedev.
On his schedule, Medvedev added: "I'm planning to play all events I have entered— St. Petersburg, Beijing, Shanghai. I'm also on the Moscow entry list and want to play it. Same for Vienna and Paris. That's my plan so far but it could be corrected depending on how my body reacts."
The Russian coach Boris Sobkin said: "I think Daniil himself doesn't know how he is doing after four finals in a row. He played 23 matches over 40 days, that's very heavy. From my experience, I know that such a long matches streak can cause many serious health issues. But he already showed there are no limits for him."
from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2O71RUq
Tennis



