In an interview to Eurosport Rafael Nadal's coach Carlos Moya previewed the upcoming match between the Spanish player and the Italian Matteo Berrettini in the US Open semifinals. Moya said: "He went through pretty hard matches including the recent one against Diego Schwartzman, there were ups and downs, complicated moments where he struggled more but his champion's mentality made him go through. We are in the semifinals and we are happy to be there."
On Berrettini, Moya added: "Rafa never faced him, we are in the final rounds, he is a player who we respect. He played pretty aggressively, smart, he serves very well, great forehand, can hit slice and topspin backhands. He can hit fast, he is confident, we know it's a tough match but it's about the experience. He deals with pressure well and let's see what happens. But it will be a balanced match."
On possibly winning the 19th Grand Slam title, Moya concluded: "We are not trying to think about it. We know is there but we always go match by match, now more than ever, not feeling extra pressure but just what happens tomorrow."
Mats Wilander and Boris Becker were asked who they would coach between the Italians Jannik Sinner, Matteo Berrettini and Fabio Fognini. The Swedish former player said: "I would think Berrettini and Sinner, I like Jannik a lot. Even because he was and maybe be he is still a good skier, he is coming from another sport, so I think he has a great future ahead of him. We have not seen enough his mentality yet, but I think he can grow physically." Becker added: "He is just an unbelievable guy. He plays in an emotional way, which sometimes brought him on the bad path, but I know him off the court and he is lovely. But I would like to train any of them, you Italians should be grateful to have at least a couple of good younger guys for the first time in a while.'
from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/34tgIhz
Tennis



