name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Players have wrong mentality facing Serena Williams, says Dementieva

Players have wrong mentality facing Serena Williams, says Dementieva

Advertisemen

The former Russian player Elena Dementieva believes that players have a wrong mentality in approaching matches against Serena Williams. The former world No. 5 said: "The most common thing I see on tour is that most players already lose before even enter the court. It's super obvious, she overpowers her opponents mentally. First of all, I think it's the incredible excitement and respect, and maybe even admiration from players for Serena. She fully deserved to be treated like that, with her game, her achievements. But not everyone manage to overcome that fear.

They usually say, I drew Serena, well, I have nothing to lose. I will try to play the best I can. And then they go out on court, they feel so much pressure on their shoulders and can't play at all. For example, at Wimbledon this year, Simona told herself, l know everything. I'm calm, I will defend. And she did that. Not many manage to cope with it, actually. It's a sort of a landslide, the aggressive way she starts playing with can be overwhelming. And afterwards, players just can't bounce back."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Lw5h0a
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments